Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

Dogs and Apartments

• Cort
    • 22 posts
    March 27, 2016
    So to get this off topic discussion rolling, I have a few questions. I would love to get a dog, but have held off due to the fact I currently live in an apartment. I would like a small dog, but would like to know a few things. Regarding potty breaks, if I don't want to go down to the street to the local park to have my dog do their business, do any of you have those pee pads on your balony? Or what other methods do any of you use regarding this? Just curious to know just incase I can't wait until I move into a house to get my fur friend. 
    Thanks!
    This post was edited by Cort at March 27, 2016
  • Cort
    • 22 posts
    April 18, 2016
    Just came across liter box training for dogs? Has anyone tried this with smaller breeds? How has it worked if so?
  • Ashley Rose
    • 1 posts
    April 21, 2016
    I'm not sure about the litter box but the pee pad (find in the puppy aisle) worked well for me! Just put it in a corner somewhere in the house (or balcony) and make it clear that this is the bathroom zone. Be sure to reward with a treat and your fur friend will be well on their way!
  • Cort
    • 22 posts
    April 21, 2016
    Yeah I agree with you on the pee pads, sounds like the best idea. When I think about it now the liter box sounds a bit odd aha! Think all I need is a place with a backyard :) 
  • Cort
    • 22 posts
    Jan 13
    This a good read. I like the idea of the grass pad out on the patio for warmer months.

https://www.rover.com/blog/potty-pad-expose/